Who is The Source for?
Though we do run a separate school’s curriculum, this system is provided for people who are 18 years old and over. It is suitable for men and women of all ages and across the religious and non-religious spectrum.
Do I need a Jewish learning background?
You do not need any Jewish learning background.
Is it very textual?
We do use some texts to study from but we tailor it to the group’s needs and preferences.
What will I gain from the initial 8 weeks?
Some of the key areas that will be explored during the eight-week Inner Source course are:
- The most important principles for raising self esteem
- How to understand our own personal uniqueness
- How to attain inner harmony
- Accepting ourselves and being comfortable with our weaknesses
- Discovering what our core characteristics are
- Delving into how our characteristics intersect with each other
- Learning what are the four main areas that everyone is tested in
- Understanding what our internal systems are for making decisions
- Examining how can we tell what our motivations are for doing what we do
- Internalizing what we can do to change in these areas.
Why should I come on The Source?
See “Why The Source”
Do I need to bring anything?
You do not need to bring anything with you, though it is recommended to bring something to take notes with, as the sessions are quite full.
Will I have to share my inner feelings with others?
Nobody needs to share anything they are uncomfortable with. Some people favour listening and taking notes, others prefer asking questions and getting involved. It is entirely up to you.
Why is it called The Source?
There are three main reasons why it is called The Source. Firstly, because everything comes from Torah based sources. Secondly, because it allows people to understand and improve the very source of themselves. And thirdly, because of the acronym which stands for Systems Of Understanding & Refining Character Effectiveness.